Boat trip on Lake Brienz – ticket and price info

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 2:37:10 #810603

Hello,

My family and I will be visiting Lake Brienz from Interlaken Ost on April 10, 2017. I have a few questions regarding the boat tickets:

1. I assume April isn’t as crowded as the Summer months. Is it necessary to purchase boat tickets in advance?

2. We have the Half Fare cards and my son is under 16 and has a Family Card, do I need to purchase a boat ticket for my son, or can he ride for free?

3. Is there a place near the boat dock where I can purchase tickets?

Thank you for your time.

George L.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 10:42:41 #858162

Hi vbengro1 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Take a look at our Lake Brienz information page for answers to all your questions.

Your son will be able to travel free with the Family Card and you will be 50% off with your half-fare card. Tickets for you can be purchased at the boat dock.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 3:05:29 #858163

This is very helpful. Thank you, Lucas!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 January 2017 at 1:11:01 #858164

Hi vbengro1-

Not sure just how much boat travel there is on Lake Brienz in April. There is none in the Winter. After mid-May, I expect service.

This might help…not sure.

http://www.interlaken.ch/en/c ruises-lake-thun-and-lake-brienz.html

You could also use the regular SBB timetable and enter Brienz and Interlaken as destinations/start points.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Boat trip on Lake Brienz – ticket and price info’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.