Boat trip Lake Thun & Lake Brienz from Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2016 at 14:16:37 #809035

Hello, I have few questions regarding our travel to Berner Oberland.

1. If the information offices of Murren and Lauterbrunnen are close on weekends, where can we buy lift tickets for Gimmelwald and other areas?

2. We would like to see Lake Thun and Brienz in a day. My plan is to catch a train to Thun , then from Thun take the boat to Interlaken West and then boat to Lake Brienz. Can we catch the boat to Lake Brienz from Interlaken West? I downloaded the time table for the boat rides but not sure if I am reading it right. So please clarify it for me. Boat is schedule to depart from Thun at 9:40, arrives at Spiez at 10: 28, we can catch a boat at Spiez 12:28 and we will be in Interlaken at 13:49? From there, we can take the boat to Lake Brienz at 14:07? Do they have the same departure area for both lakes in Interlaken?

Thank you!

Claire

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2016 at 19:38:41 #851318

Tickets for the mountainrailways and the cable cars can you always buy at the ticket office from the compagnie, not by the information or toerist office.

The boat from Thun is arrive at Interlaken West.

The boat to Brienz are depart from Interlaken Ost. You can travel from West to Ost wit the train in 5 minutes. From the boat it is only 3 minutes walk to the train. Train is depart a few minuten after arriving from the boat at Interlaken West.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2016 at 7:39:26 #851319

You can also walk between Interlaken Ost and West stations (20 minutes).

• The thread ‘Boat trip Lake Thun & Lake Brienz from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.