booking of Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2015 at 13:20:53 #807293

I tried to book the Swiss Travel pass through this website “rail europe-Asian.com” with the promotion code given. The problem is I am not sure how to collect the pass by booking through this website. If by delivery to my country which is in Malaysia, I am worry that I might not be able to collect the pass as I will leave for Amsterdam on the 29/5/15 . Your advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 May 2015 at 13:53:39 #843419

Hi Angelakhoo,

I don’t know that website either. Please see here for all points of sale. In Malaysia, the local website to book the pass is raileurope.com.sg/pass /swiss-pass (in Singapore). I don’t know the exact delivery time to Malaysia. To Singapore it’s same or next day delivery.

Another option is to purchase through http://www.swissrailways.com. They allow printing the pass at home, although there’s also a processing time of up to 3 days, so you’d best order today. In any case, they’ll e-mail the pass, so you can also print it in Europe if you have access to your e-mail. They also offer delivery to any address in Europe, e.g. a hotel in Amsterdam.

And the final option I can think of is raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pas s/index.html. They currently offer a 20% discount on the Swiss Travel Pass. Actually this is the North American website, but I don’t think that matters as this is also a pass to print yourself, so no physical delivery. As far as I know they don’t have any processing time, so you should receive it immediately.

Does one of these options work for you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2015 at 1:49:52 #843420

Arno, thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will try option 3 bcause it seems that price quoted under swissrailways.com is much higher. Thank you & have a nice day.

• The thread ‘booking of Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.