Budget hotels in Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald/Lucerne

• Abhijit90
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 August 2020 at 14:29:21 #825648

Suggest some cheap budget hotel or Airbnb nearer to Lauterbrunen station ,, Grindelwald station and Luzern station which can be reached easily within 15mins / 20 mins by walking distance …

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

disantor
    Participant
    28 posts
    9 August 2020 at 16:42:25 #934068

Hi,

Unfortunately, we didn’t stay in the locations you list. We kept the cost down by trying to find self-catering apartments and getting lunch on the go from the coop grocery store. We used vrbo. com and sometimes booking. com to find lodging in Switzerland. You perhaps have discovered what I have, which is tremendous sticker shock. It is hard to give you a recommendation in terms of pricing without knowing family size, time of year, etc. If you put in the dates and your requirements for people and bedrooms, this will be best.

We stayed in Murren in the summer, and this is on the opposite side for Grindelwald in Lautterbrunnen. I stayed in Basel and visited Luzern. Murren is accessed by cable car and there are vrbo there (Alta and Snowbird houses are just above the train stop). There is a coop grocery store in Lautterbrunnen near the train stain and the base of the funicular to Murren.

Good luck.

Annika
    7122 posts
    9 August 2020 at 17:27:01 #934069

Hi Abhijit90! In addition to disantor’s good tips, you’ll find our suggestions for budget hotels here: http://www.myswissalps.com/hotels/budget. A broader selection per town can be found at the pages below, and you can filter on low price options and set the maximum travel time to the town’s rail stations:

Abhijit90
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 August 2020 at 19:51:32 #934070

Hi,,Disantor..

We are planning our trip to Switzerland next year,, 1st week of June 2021.. ..we are two people me & my wife on our early thirties..looking for budget accommodation near Luzern train station, Grindelwald train station,, Lauterbrunen train station so that trains can easily be accessible …

Anna
    6382 posts
    10 August 2020 at 4:05:02 #934071

Hi Abhijit90,

If you’re specifically looking for accommodation near train stations, you can try this link and use the top down menu to narrow down your search based on location and pricing: http://www.myswissalps.com/hotels/railstations

Regards,

Anna

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    10 August 2020 at 17:12:44 #934072

One option can be hostel. You can hire a private room in hostel. Many of hostels in Switzerland are located next to train station. (example Interlaken). I guess if you are member of youth hostel, you get special price. In hostel, you get access to common kitchen also. Need to check on this.

I am a big fan of Rick Steves Travel Guide Books. He mentions hostels in major places and his books are very information and does not cost more than USD 15-20: https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Steves/e/B000APF02I

• The thread ‘Budget hotels in Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald/Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.