Buying Jungfraujoch tickets from Wengen

• formoso
    Participant
    4 posts
    26 May 2017 at 6:02:53 #811981

Hi,

1) i am traveling with my family to Switzerland and doing 4 days staying in Wengen. Is it possible to buy tickets to Jungfraujoch from Wengen or do i still have to go to Interlaken to purchase tickets?

2) because of limited time, would it be possible to do Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald First on the same day considering i would want to hike with my 9 year old daughter from Eigergletcher station to Kline Scheidegg

June 15 Wengen (base)

Mannlichen hike to Kline Scheidegg

Bike to Lauterbrunnen

Trummelback falls

June 16 Jungfraujoch via Lauterbrunnen (25% STP)

Eiger trail from Jungfrau to Kline

Grindelward First (50% STP)

June 17 Murren

Allmenhubal (free)

Murren to Grimmelwald walk

Stechelberg via Gondola

Schynige Platte

Thanks for the assistance

Robert

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 9:21:37 #863953

Hi Robert,

Yes, you can buy the ticket to Jungfraujoch at any train station in Switzerland (office or ticket machine).

The hike from Eigergletscher–Kleine Scheidegg (note spelling) is about an hour maybe 1.5 with your child. The whole day will be rather long but possible yes.

Lucas

formoso
    Participant
    4 posts
    27 May 2017 at 0:07:25 #863954

thanks for the heads up lucas.

i would be bringing a small drone with me for family selphies. is drone flying around the area of Jungfrau restricted? do some tourist bring drones to capture the holiday?

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 May 2017 at 13:35:49 #863955

Hi Robert,

Please see myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/using-camera-drones-in-switzerland for drone regulations. I haven’t seen tourists with drones yet.

• The thread ‘Buying Jungfraujoch tickets from Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.