Bernina express from Tirano to Chur!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2016 at 1:02:52 #810022

Hi,

I’m planing for my 1st solo trip to Europe & will be leaving on the 5th of September. After exploring Italy I’ll be going to Tirano on the 10th. I want to do the Bernina express from Tirano to Chur on the 11th & I’m planing to spend one night in Chur before heading to Paris from Zurich on 12th. I want to know if this is a good plan. If it is ok I’d like to know how to book the Bernina express all the way to Chur from Tirano. I don’t have a Eurail pass. Planing on buying point to point tickets. Any help would be much appreciated. 😊

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2016 at 11:30:52 #855661

Its definitely a good idea.

Dont know abt point to point tickets because we had a swiss rail pass and just took a reservation….

You can do bernina route in normal trains also…..I would suggest its worth spending some time on lake lago bianco….take bernina train reservation from tirano to ospizio berninastation which is on the lake. Spend some time and take next bernina to chur or a normal train. Its a wonderful site on 2250 mts

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 September 2016 at 14:08:13 #855662

Hi Suran,

Please see here Bernina Express tickets (and more information about the train): myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress/tickets. And here for tickets from Chur to Paris (indeed via Zurich): myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2016 at 15:29:03 #855663

Hi Hetal,

Thanks a lot for your response. It really helped.

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the reply & for sending me the links. I’m a little bit confused with the ticket options from Chur to Paris. When I opened your link it gives only France to Switzerland options. It is possible for me to get tickets the other way around right. I mean from Switzerland to France. This is my 1st time traveling to Europe & I’m doing it solo. So please bear with me if I ask a lot of questions. Thanks again.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 September 2016 at 16:50:45 #855664

Hi Suran,

Sure you can, that’s just a page title to indicate which route the page is about. Just click to any of the sites listed there and search for a ticket. In your case you could check your regional website at http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/train/tgv-lyria. Tickets from Chur to Paris seem to start at € 134.20 at the moment. Prices go up as the travel date gets closer.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2016 at 10:38:53 #855665

Hi everyone,

One can get good guidance about train travel within Europe and beyond at seat61.com….i found it very useful

• The thread ‘Bernina express from Tirano to Chur!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.