Buy 1 Swiss regional pass, and get 1 for free

• Arno
    15483 posts
    9 May 2011 at 13:50:56 #804745

Dear travelers,

This is an offer from our partner Switzerland Travel Centre: if you order one regional pass, you’ll get the second pass for free. The start date of these passes needs to be between June 1 and June 30, 2011 or between September 1 and October 31, 2011. Passes that start at the end of June or the end of October may be used for traveling in July or November. If you posses a nation wide pass of the Swiss Travel System, you even get an additional discount (please click the order links below for details). This promotion is offered for the following passes:

2nd class Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland for 7 days
    Order the pass from the UK or Ireland or from other countries
    More about this pass

2nd class Adventure Card (Upper Valais and parts of Uri and Graubünden) for 2 days
    More about this pass

2nd class graubündenPASS for 7 days
    More about this pass

2nd class Tell Pass (the Lake Lucerne region) for 7 days
    More about this pass

This is how to order this promotion: click one of the links above (depending on your country of residence). In the window that opens, order one (1) regional pass and enter a start date between June 1 and June 30, 2011 or between September 1 and October 31, 2011. Fill out the other fields as well. You will then be asked whether the offer should be applied to your purchase. If you choose to do so, you’ll receive one extra regional pass with the same start date, at no cost.

Enjoy your traveling in these beautiful regions!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2011 at 5:41:27 #834312

Dear Sir,
    Myself will be travelling with my wife to swiss, between 22 June to 25 June 2011 and would like to buy swiss saver pass.
    May I eligible to get 1 free , If I buy one.Please confirm.Also If I would like to buy from Geneva ,what is the procedure.
    Your earlier answer will help me more to finalise my travel.
    Regards,
    Murali

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 May 2011 at 6:27:55 #834313

Hello Murali,

This offer is for the regional passes listed above, not for other passes. The Swiss Pass page lists your purchase options at the right (please select your country, travelers and desired pass there).

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2011 at 15:01:08 #834314

sir
    we are a senior cuple.
    we are ariving to zurich kloten airport on01.09.11 at aprox.09.00am
    we rented a holyday ap. in gundlisghwand until 16.09.11
    we plan to spend all the time in b.oberland with ocasional dayly trips
    to bern interlaken thun brienz etc..
    we’d like to get help in choosing the most cheap and suitable pass option
    for us.the time span is 2weeks that include the trip from the airport
    and back.
    thank you for your help
    yours
    ilan filip

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 May 2011 at 12:27:19 #834315

Hi ilan filip, and welcome to the forum. I think a Swiss Card would be a good option. It allows a free round trip from Zurich Airport to Gündlischwand and back, and 50% discount on many of the day trips you’d like to make during your stay. You’ll find lots of information such as prices, resellers, a map with the validity overview, and so on, at the Swiss Card page. Does that answer your question?

By the way, would you mind creating a new topic for further questions that aren’t closely related to this topic about the Regional-Pass offer? That’s a bit clearer to forum visitors. Just get to the forum (e.g. the rail forum if you have further questions on transportation) and click ‘Start new topic’ in the upper right corner. Thank you in advance :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2011 at 3:20:30 #834316

Can this pass be collected in Switzerland? I fear I do not have enough time for delivery.
    Or can it be purchased in Switzerland?

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 June 2011 at 6:10:40 #834317

Hello markbudow,

As far as I know this offer is not for sale in Switzerland. You can of course purchase the passes there for the regular price. Delivery times when purchasing online depend on where you live and the shipping option you choose. All details about that can be found on the right hand side of the pass page of choice (click the “more about…” links in the post above and review the purchase options presented on the right).

You can order online and have the passes delivered to an address in Switzerland. You need to order through the “from other countries” links in the post above. It takes about 8 working days that way and you need to note that it will be sent by registered post.

Enjoy your traveling in the Alps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2011 at 7:12:08 #834318

Greetings,

My plan is to visit interlaken from france. Will the swiss pass cover my Paris-Interlaken train trip?? or should I book TGV train?

Thanks & Regards,

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 June 2011 at 15:31:31 #834319

Hello thorntons, and welcome! A Swiss Pass covers the trip from the Swiss border up to Interlaken, so you’d have to purchase regular tickets from Paris to the Swiss border (as the pass isn’t valid in France). Depending on the train connection you choose, the border station will probably be Basel. You should book seats for the TGV train in any case.

By the way, if you have further questions about the Swiss Pass, would you mind creating a new topic as the current topic is related to regional passes? This helps forum visitors to have a clear overview of topics and related answers. You can get to the rail forum and click ‘Start new topic’ in the upper right corner. Thank you :-)!

Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2011 at 14:13:33 #834320

Hello,

Me and a friend would like to purchase this offer. The questions is: shall it be for the same person? I mean, if I buy a regional pass, is my friend entitled to use the free one? Or instead both shall be used for the same person?

Thank you very much

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 June 2011 at 14:29:06 #834321

Hi tanino,

The free one can (and should) be used by another person. So you and your friend can use this offer.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2011 at 23:10:27 #834322

Hi
    My husband and I will have a total of 5 days in Switzerland in early October.

Day 1 (afternoon) will be travel from Zurich to Interlaken
    Day 2 we will spend in Interlaken
    Days 3 & 4 in Lauterbrunnen
    Day 5 heading to Milan

Having looked closely at all the options I think the Bernese Oberland 2 for 1 deal will give us our best option. Then just pay full fare for the day travelling to and from the area. Although I am happy to hear any other opinions on this.

My questions are:
    1. I only need 5 of the 7 days – If I start the 2 for 1 deal on Day 1 can I choose not to use the free travel that day and if so will any of the discount apply to the Zurich to Interlaken trip (or am I better starting the pass on Day 2)
    2. When I commenced the purchasing of this card I note the 30.5CHF charge to Australia but there is a note that it will be sent a few weeks prior to the commencement. However we will be travelling in Europe for several weeks prior to visiting Switzerland and so I need to know if it can be sent immediately or if there is a risk that they won’t send it until we have left.

Thanks for your help!

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 June 2011 at 12:59:16 #834323

Hi AnninAus, and welcome! The Regional Pass-Bernese Oberland offer may be a good choice indeed. If you choose this option, you should start the validity immediately at day 1, as part of your trip Zurich-Interlaken will be covered by the Regional-Pass. This goes for part of your outbound trip as well. Please refer to the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is valid’ down at the Regional-Pass page. As for shipping: you can have your passes delivered to one of the addresses you’ll be staying during your tour around Europe in the weeks prior to your stay in Switzerland. It’ll be sent by certified mail though, so you’ll have to receive the passes yourself and sign for approval. I think you can ask our partner STC to send your passes right after ordering as well. You can best contact STC to ask for this.

Apart from the Regional-Pass, the Swiss Card is worth considering. It covers all of your inbound trip (Zurich-Interlaken) and outbound trip (Lauterbrunnen-Milan), and offers a 50% discount on your trips on day 2, 3 and 4. Although it doesn’t offer free traveling once you’re in Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen, it may still be cost effective, as ‘free travel days’ on a Regional-Pass still mean that some mountain lifts and trains are discounted (and not for free). But this depends on your exact plans of course. Calculations based on your plans could show which solution is cheaper.

I hope this doesn’t complicate things :-). Kind regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2011 at 6:38:26 #834324

Hello !
    My question is now: on “free days”, the green routes are 50% off while the red ones are free. But what happens on the other days? Do the green routes apply for the 50% discount all days?

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 June 2011 at 9:34:33 #834325

Hi tanino! I assume you are referring to the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland? In that case it’s as follows:

– on free travel days, the routes indicated by red lines are for free. The routes indicated by blue and green lines are discounted;
    – on the remaining days, the routes indicated by red, blue and green lines are discounted. So yes, these discounts are available on all days of the pass’s validity.

The map we link to (‘Overview of the network…’) at the bottom of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland page offers further explanation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2011 at 10:21:46 #834326

Hi Moderator,
    I’m interested in the special 2 for 1 priced Berner Oberland Regional Pass. Here are my questions:
    1) What is the exact discount, using this pass, for the Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch trips?…50% discount??
    2) We will be in the Lauterbrunnen area. I want to purchase the “3 day free travel in 7 days” pass. Can I use the “3 free travel days” consecutively with discount days before and after the 3 free travel consecutive days?
    thanks for a reply,
    Paul

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2011 at 21:26:55 #834327

Hello,
    I am a regular traveller to Switzerland and I am really interested to know if the 2 for 1 (Bernese-Oberland Region Pass) will be available to purchase next year? If so when will it become available to purchase? Also i normally purchase a junior card for my children when in Switzerland. When I travel next year in June 2012 i plan to purchase a ‘Swiss transfer ticket’ to get from Basel – Lauterbrunnen which includes a complimentary Family card. Are the Family cards the same as the Junior cards? Also are the family cards valid for free travel for children on all seven days with the regional pass?

Thanyou!

Andy.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 July 2011 at 3:02:40 #834328

Hi Paul,

1) Schilthorn and Jungfrau are 50% discounted. All details about the pass are listed here, including a link to a network map showing the discounts and free traveling.
    2) You can use the free travel days in any order you want.

Enjoy your traveling!

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 July 2011 at 3:07:45 #834329

Hi Andy,

I don’t know about next years promotions yet. We’ll post it on our website as soon as we know.

The Family Card and Junior travelcard are different products. The free Family Card is only valid if used with one of the Swiss Travel System passes listed here. Most other passes require Junior travelcards. Details are on each of our pass pages.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2011 at 13:58:36 #834330

Hello!

I was hoping to purchase the 2 for 1 Berner-Oberland Regional Pass. Unfortunately, the start date of these passes must be between June 1st and 30th or between September and October.

My trip is July 24th to August 3rd. Do you expect there to be any other deals such as this one that will apply to the summer months?

Thank you very much!

Jenn

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 July 2011 at 4:04:52 #834331

Hi Jenn,
    No, I don’t expect similar offers for the summer months. Offers like this are usually just for the off season.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • The thread ‘Buy 1 Swiss regional pass, and get 1 for free’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.