Buy Swiss Half Fare Card for tomorrow

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2016 at 4:12:11 #808340

Hi.

I want to buy Swiss half fare card with effective date of tomorrow 31 Jan 2016. But I can’t buy it through the system as I can’t fill up the card validity date on 31 Jan 2016. It’s only available starting fro 4 Feb. Please advise how I can buy this card.

thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 January 2016 at 7:56:05 #848034

Welcome to MySwissAlps aryooetomo!

It’s too late to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card online and print it at home. Orders need to be processed and e-mail, which takes a bit of time (this will hopefully change in the future). That’s why they don’t allow you to pick tomorrow as a travel date. You need to go to a staffed ticket office of a Swiss rail station and buy it there.

Have a good trip. Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2016 at 8:10:46 #848035

thanks for your prompt reply Arno. will the price be the same (CHF 120 per pax) if I buy from the station in Geneve airport tomorrow 31st Jan 2016 for Swiss Half Fare card?

Second 2nd is as I travel with my wife, is there any discounted price for purchasing the pass for 2 pax in one go?

appreciate much your reply on this.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 January 2016 at 8:35:28 #848036

You’re welcome! It’s CHF 120 per person regardless of where you buy. Please see myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/price.

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Half Fare Card for tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.