Buy Swiss Rail passes at Basel Bad Bf?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2013 at 1:35:46 #806085

Hi,

Our family are planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Basel and will pass by Basel Bad Bf. May I know if we can buy our Swiss Transfer Ticket or Swiss Card there? Or do we need to buy it only at Basel SBB?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 July 2013 at 4:22:04 #838993

Hi wavesurfer,

Swiss Transfer Tickets can only be purchased online. The Swiss Card is for sale online too, and at a limited number of rail stations at airports and the Swiss border. This includes the Basel main station, but not Basel Bad Bf. I think it’s easier to buy online in your case. Please see my answer to your other post. You can also find all purchase options at the Swiss Transfer Ticket page and Swiss Card page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2013 at 5:23:34 #838994

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately we are departing soon and 8 working days for delivery will be too long…

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 July 2013 at 5:36:52 #838995

Hi wavesurfer,

I was just referring to the cheapest delivery option. There is express delivery too. If you go to the webshop you can see the options.

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Rail passes at Basel Bad Bf?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.