Buy Swiss Travel Pass in SBB vs ACP Rail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2016 at 14:07:04 #808445

I’m interesting in buy Swiss Travel Pass 8 days for my husband, two childs one of ten years old and other of three free years old (free) and me.

The SBB pass it’s 692€ and the ACP Rail it’s 676€+2€ fee.

I’ll buy with the e-ticket option so what’s the different between two sellers.

Thanks,

Andrés

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 February 2016 at 15:02:16 #848552

Hi Andrés,

I found slightly different prices. You probably selected EUR prices in the SBB webshop, but that’s not going to give you a favorable exchange rate. Please see the below links:

The main differences between the resellers are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. The SBB webshop is cheaper here, unless it’s important for you to pay in EUR. In that case pick ACP Rail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2016 at 22:47:51 #848553

I’ll buy the tickets on the SBB website, but the e-ticket get a message “Online Ticket. Your order will be processed and a PDF link for printing your ticket will be sent to your email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure, unless your order was received less than 7 days before.”

My tickets start at 19th March so how many days or which is the last day that I can buy the tickets for receive the email before my trip?

And finally, when I buy e-tickets usually I can open the file and show. Then It’s necessary to print the tickets?

Regards,

Andrés

Online Ticket. Your order will be processed and a PDF link for printing your ticket will be sent to your email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure, unless your order was received less than 7 days before. Please remember to check your Spam Folder, should you not receive our email with the PDF link in the stipulated time.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 March 2016 at 3:39:52 #848554

Hi Andrés,

You can buy it now if you want. The message just says you will receive your pass at least a week before you travel. I would recommend to buy no later than March 15 as they need a few days to process and e-mail the order. Please see http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Yes, you do need to print the pass.

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Travel Pass in SBB vs ACP Rail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.