Buy Swiss Travel Pass in SBB vs ACP Rail

Buy Swiss Travel Pass in SBB vs ACP Rail

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
agutierrez
agutierrez
12 posts
Feb 18, 2016 - 2:07 PM

I'm interesting in buy Swiss Travel Pass 8 days for my husband, two childs one of ten years old and other of three free years old (free) and me.

The SBB pass it's 692€ and the ACP Rail it's 676€+2€ fee.

I'll buy with the e-ticket option so what's the different between two sellers.

Thanks,

Andrés

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Feb 18, 2016 - 3:02 PM

Hi Andrés,

I found slightly different prices. You probably selected EUR prices in the SBB webshop, but that's not going to give you a favorable exchange rate. Please see the below links:

The main differences between the resellers are listed on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. The SBB webshop is cheaper here, unless it's important for you to pay in EUR. In that case pick ACP Rail.

agutierrez
agutierrez
12 posts
Mar 7, 2016 - 10:47 PM in reply to Arno

I'll buy the tickets on the SBB website, but the e-ticket get a message "Online Ticket. Your order will be processed and a PDF link for printing your ticket will be sent to your email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure, unless your order was received less than 7 days before."

My tickets start at 19th March so how many days or which is the last day that I can buy the tickets for receive the email before my trip?

And finally, when I buy e-tickets usually I can open the file and show. Then It's necessary to print the tickets?

Regards,

Andrés

Online Ticket. Your order will be processed and a PDF link for printing your ticket will be sent to your email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure, unless your order was received less than 7 days before. Please remember to check your Spam Folder, should you not receive our email with the PDF link in the stipulated time.

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Mar 8, 2016 - 3:39 AM

Hi Andrés,

You can buy it now if you want. The message just says you will receive your pass at least a week before you travel. I would recommend to buy no later than March 15 as they need a few days to process and e-mail the order. Please see www.swissrailways.com/ en.

Yes, you do need to print the pass.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016