Buy Swiss Travel Pass in Zurich Train Station?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2015 at 10:06:52 #807711

Hello,

I am going to Switzerland from August 10 to August 13, and I have not bought a Swiss Travel Pass yet. I would like to buy it at Zurich train station, but I am wondering if I can immediately start using it after I buy it?

When I try to buy the pass online, I was told the earliest possible start date is August 11th…

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

ashmc
    Participant
    11 posts
    6 August 2015 at 13:45:05 #845106

I believe that you would start using it immediately. If I remember correctly, they will validate your pass at the train station and that will start the clock, so-to-speak, on your pass. I will let someone more knowledgeable than myself confirm this, though. Have fun on your trip!

Arno
    15482 posts
    6 August 2015 at 14:43:35 #845107

Hi moonlight, thanks for joining us!

It’s a pity you didn’t order yet; you could have saved money by buying the pass online. In your case (living in Germany), http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass would have been a good option. But they physically ship the pass so it’s a bit tricky to order there now. Shipping takes 1 to 7 business days, depending on the shipping method and country of residence. All the purchase options are listed here. You can certainly buy the pass at the Zurich rail station too, as well as the rail station of Zurich airport, but the price will be higher. You can ask them for a pass that starts on the day you buy it, or any other day. You need to visit a staffed desk for this; the passes are not available through the ticketing machines.

Have a wonderful time in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Buy Swiss Travel Pass in Zurich Train Station?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.