Buying Jungfrau Travel Pass with Travel Pass Flex

• ahwoo
    Participant
    2 posts
    1 June 2017 at 15:15:36 #812070

If I have a 4 days Swiss Travel Pass Flex, and want to buy 4 days Jungfrau Travel Pass with reduction rate, do i need to use up 4 free travel days of Flex pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 15:43:16 #864320

HI Ahwoo,

You only get to purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass at a discount with the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card….not the Swiss Travel Pass Flex – have you bought the STP Flex already?

Lucas

lkdf62
    Participant
    41 posts
    1 June 2017 at 22:09:27 #864321

Lucas and Ahwoo,

Interesting question. Is it safe to assume, from your answer Lucas, that the Swiss Half Fare Card does entitle the holder to a reduction on mountain travel. Specifically, does the Swiss Half Fare Card include a twenty-five percent reduction on the GornergratBahn Peak Pass?

lkdf62

ahwoo
    Participant
    2 posts
    2 June 2017 at 3:22:56 #864322

Hi Lucas

I mail this question to [email protected], got this reply

“Yes, to get the discounted Jungfrau Travel pass fare you would have to use 4 free days on your Swiss Travel Pass Flex.”

I think you can buy discounted Jungfrau Travel pass with Flexipass, but that will cost you a lot. I haven’t buy Flexipass yet. I’m thinking of buying Flexipass or Half Fare card or both.

Ahwoo

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 10:02:36 #864323

Hi Lkdf62,

No the Swiss Half Card does not give you a discount on buying the GornergratBahn Peak Pass. It does give you 50% off the cost of the trip to Gornergrat or to Klein Matterhorn but not buying the pass itself.

It gives varying discounts (20-50% off) on some regional passes like the Graubunden pass, the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland,and the Jungfrau Travel Pass, the Regional Pass – Lake Geneva and the Adventure Card Upper Valais-Uri-Grisons.

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 June 2017 at 11:53:44 #864324

Hi Ahwoo,

The reply you received is correct. You would need to use 4 days on your Swiss Travel Pass Flex to get a discount on the 4-day Jungfrau Travel Pass. That’s very expensive, that’s why we don’t even mention that option on our Jungfrau Travel Pass page.

lkdf62
    Participant
    41 posts
    2 June 2017 at 14:45:45 #864325

Thanks for the response.

I understand the limitations. Thanks again.

lkdf62

• The thread ‘Buying Jungfrau Travel Pass with Travel Pass Flex’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.