Buying swiss rail pass from ACP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2015 at 5:34:32 #807445

Hello, we are travelling to switzerland from finland mid next month.

Zeroed down on swiss rail pass.

Buying Recommendation on myswissalps.com is ACP (cheapest).

Question –

is it a safeand a trustworthy option?

Forum expert advice?

Any user experience?

Thanks

Ajay

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 June 2015 at 12:02:11 #843950

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for joining us! We only list safe and trustworthy retailers, so no worries there. Actually, I recently ordered rail passes from ACP myself and that went fine. One tip I have is to enter full first names (as printed on your passport), not initials, when asked for traveler data. For more information, please see http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/swiss-pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2015 at 11:47:13 #843951

Thanks ARno for the information.

As the pass is a fixed day pass (8 days) and i need to specify the starting date of the pass when filling the form, do i need to validate the pass before boarding the train? we will be entering switzerland from Tirano (Italy).

I also observed on the rail pass page in the forum that acp needs validation whereas buying from sbb needs none. any specific differences between the passes?

thanks

Ajay

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 June 2015 at 12:19:46 #843952

Hi Ajay,

Actually I am looking into that currently, specifically for ACP. Right now it looks like all their passes can be validated by yourself. You just need to write your name and passport number on the pass. It’s quite simple: if there is a start date printed on the pass, and no space for a stamp from railway officials, then you can validate it yourself. As soon as I’m 100% sure I will change the explanation on our pass pages, but in your case you can simply check what your pass looks like once you’re received it.

• The thread ‘Buying swiss rail pass from ACP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.