buying swiss travel pass

buying swiss travel pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
maciejjacek
maciejjacek
9 posts
Apr 16, 2015 - 10:30 AM

hi

We are flying to zurich 20th of april and Im just curious why I can't buy swiss travel pass ticket online starting on the said date but instead it will just let me buy starting 21st april? Can I buy the pass in zurcih airport instead?

Arno
Arno
7726 posts
expert &
Apr 16, 2015 - 3:08 PM

Hi maciejjacek,

Since you live in the UK, I assume you tried to book at swisstravelsystem.co.uk. Is that right? They offer passes to print at home, but this option requires a few working days of processing before they can be e-mailed to you. Because of the weekend you're too late to get passes for April 21 I'm afraid.

You can also check acprail.com/swiss-pass. I think they can ship a physical pass (no shipping fee) in time if you order today.

All Swiss Travel Pass purchase options, including local purchase at the airport or anywhere else, are listed here. Prices are different for each point of sale.

slamjams
slamjams
3 posts
Apr 17, 2015 - 3:48 AM

We're travelling from Australia and have the option to also buy from Raileurope - check their website as for us it works out cheaper than buying from the swiss travel site. www.raileurope.com.au At the top of the page you can change countries, not sure if it works for UK but worth a try if it saves money. Also gives you details of options for different passes.

We're going to be there from 22nd to 25th May, not booked the pass yet, keep me posted how you go!

Samantha

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Apr 17, 2015 - 6:14 AM

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for adding that! Indeed there are quite some website offering passes for a considerably lower price. The Australian site does not deliver to the UK, but sites that do can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price. That page shows points of sale depending on where you live, so it should be easy to pick the best one there.

Our Where to buy page also offers some additional information.

Be sure to also check the Discounts section of the Swiss Travel Pass page to see if you can get an additional discount on top of the lower price.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016