Buying Ticket

Buying Ticket

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
tyongchi
tyongchi
12 posts
Apr 18, 2011 - 10:32 AM
When I buy a ticket for a specific train, is the ticket valid for the whole day or just the specific time?
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2011 - 3:16 PM
Hi tyonchi. Regular train tickets (without seat reservations) are valid during one whole day and are not dependent of specific trains or times. But if you purchase a seat reservation along with your ticket (which is required for special panoramic trains and international trains, but not for regular Swiss trains), this is valid for that specific train leaving at a specific time only.

Does this answer your question?
tyongchi
tyongchi
12 posts
Apr 18, 2011 - 8:08 PM
Yes, so I'm ok to purchase all the tickets in advance (when I arrive in Geneva Airport) in accordance to my plan during my 15 days in Swiss.

One more question - does it always mean that seats are available in the 1st class?
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2011 - 2:34 PM
In most cases enough seats are available in both 2nd and 1st class. In theory, a train may run of seats in rush hours. This can't be predicted or prevented, as many regular trains can't even be booked in advance.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016