Buying tickets from Venice to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2012 at 13:31:23 #805082

I ordered a 4 day Swiss Pass for our travels in May. I need to buy a ticket from Venice to Interlaken. I have been on the SBB ticket website and can find where to buy tickets but I can’t figure out where to use my pass for free travel. Please help!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    1 April 2012 at 6:33:24 #835439

Hello Gayleannie,

There is an overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid, you can download it on the Swiss Pass page.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to find out about your trip, just fill out the information asked for. Are you planning to travel via Milan and Brig? Your Swiss Pass will be valid from Domodossola. Make sure it’s validated.

Wishing you a nice trip,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2012 at 15:24:09 #835440

That is a very long train trip with, I believe, 2 connections. You should consider flying from Venice to basel on easy jet – it’s pretty cheap and the flight is only one hour. Then you can get a train from basel to Interlaken which I believe will be about 1 1/2 or two hours. It’s an alternative to think about anyway. Depends on how much you like trains. Also Easy jet only flys that route twice a week so keep that in mind.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 10:00:41 #835441

I think you should book through Trenitalia and take the advantage of their smart fare. There is a good deal from Geneva to Venice but I am not sure about Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 11:01:30 #835442

Thank you, Olga. Best help so far. I do want to train as I have heard the views are wonderful. I still don’t know where to order my “free” tickets with my Swiss Pass. I can find the routes on both SBB & Trenitalia websites but I can’t find where I plug in my pass to reduce the fare. Thank you all!

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 April 2012 at 11:52:21 #835443

Hi Gayleannie. As Olga explained, your Swiss Pass will become valid at Domodossola. That means you have to buy a regular ticket from Venice to Domodossola. You can do so at the railway station of Venice before boarding the train. From Domodossola onwards, your (validated) Swiss Pass will take over. You don’t have to buy any further tickets for the leg Domodossola-Interlaken.

• The thread ‘Buying tickets from Venice to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.