By mistake reserved seats 1st class Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2015 at 9:59:14 #807504

Hi,

We are planning a 4 day trip to Switzerland in the end of July Month. We have booked a Swiss Rail Pass for 4 days and this swiss rail pass is for 2nd Class. Yesterday while reserving the seats for Golden Pass Train from Lucerne to Montreux, by mistake we booked reservation in 1st class from Lucerne to Interlaken OST.

Now the reservation can neither be cancelled nor modified as per the site. I am afraid since we have Swiss Pass for 2nd Class , so we may not be allowed for first class in Golden Pass Train. Could you please suggest a way out here so that we dont have to upgrade our swiss pass to first class and still we can travel in first class by paying some extra fare at Ticket counter in Lucerne.

Also I would like to know if there will any extra fare to be paid while travelling from Lucerne to Montreux as we already have swiss pass.

Awaiting for your resposne 🙂

Thanks,

Kalpana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 July 2015 at 8:18:16 #844188

Hi Kalpana,

If you can’t cancel the reservations there are these options:

• Buy an upgrade to first class for just this trip. You can do so at the rail station in Lucerne;
    • Buy new second class reservations;
    • Travel in second class without reservations. Reservations are not required. They are recommended for a few trains between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Please see here.

Apart from this, you only need your Swiss Travel Pass.

I hope this was useful. Enjoy the ride!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2015 at 10:00:42 #844189

The problem is that Kalpana can not get his/her money back since the wrong booking cannot be cancelled. May be she can try to contact the station office for a change to the 2nd class reservation (without the money difference back), or upgrade her swiss pass to a 1st class one (but she has to spend more money). If I were Kalpana, I would take the first choice.

• The thread ‘By mistake reserved seats 1st class Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.