Cablecar costs for Mount Pilatus, Titlis & Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2017 at 10:58:52 #811925

Hi,

I am trying to determine the cost of just the cablecar part of going up Mount Pilatus, Titlis and Rigi.

I have already bought a Swiss Pass Flexible to catch all trains, boats and buses in Switzerland.

I have looked at Tell Pass and am trying to figure out if I should just buy the cablecar tickets separately.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2017 at 12:36:46 #863657

Hi Andrew and welcome To MySwissAlps!

Both the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Tell Pass – Summer allow free travel to Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus.

The Tell Pass – Summer also gives free travel to Mt Titlis. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex offers a 50% discount on the trip from Engelberg to Mt, Titlis; That trip is 92chf round-trip normally.

Assuming these are your only plans then it wouldn’t be worth buying the Tell Pass – Summer (if you already have the Swiss Travel Pass Flex) to save 46chf per adult.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2017 at 22:38:31 #863658

Thanks Lucas.

I couldn’t see anywhere that the Swiss Travel pass covered the cable car on Pilatus? I found a statement on the Mt Rigi site that said it covered the cable car there.

Regards,

Andrew.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 8:19:59 #863659

Yes, Mt. Pilatus is covered fully by the Swiss Travel Pass – you can see on the PDF map here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 10:24:34 #863660

Thanks very much for the info.

I had downloaded the map previously but I didn’t see the cable cars were on there also.

You just saved me some serious money. Thanks very much for that.

Please pass on my compliments to your Line Manager for being so helpful.

Regards,

Andrew.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2017 at 15:15:01 #863661

Happy to help!

The link I gave you earlier also lists the top attractions that are covered (a bit quicker to find).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Cablecar costs for Mount Pilatus, Titlis & Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.