Wild camping in the Alps near Montreux

Wild camping in the Alps near Montreux

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
KillaBee
KillaBee
2 posts
Apr 5, 2016 - 4:09 PM

Hello, me and my wife want to hike near Monthey couple days. I google little bit about camping rules in Switzerland and came across this topic -- www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/camping-above-the-tree-line-in-switzerland

Jdongg (nikname of guy from topic above) found this map: www.respektiere-deine-grenzen.ch/index.php?id=428&L=0 Looks like this map shows where people can set camp and where not. I am really sorry for asking it, but can someone explain how to read this map? I can camp in marked zones or vice versa?

Arno
Arno
7723 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2016 - 5:59 AM

Hi KillaBee,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You'll find some guidelines on myswissalps.com/ campsites. This is what the map says:

• red: protected area, camping is prohibited;
  • yellow: a possible future protected area, request to not camp there.

So what basically remains for wild camping are the non-marked areas above the tree line. The page also says that the map may not contain all details and local signs need to be respected.

KillaBee
KillaBee
2 posts
Apr 7, 2016 - 7:43 AM in reply to Arno

@Arno. Thanks a lot.

Can we link posts from this thread to that thread: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/camping-above-the-tree-line-in-switzerland

I think it will be really useful to people like me, who find it through google. Or maybe you, like moderator, can post information about map zones in closed topic?

Anyway, huge thanks for information. Good luck.

Arno
Arno
7723 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2016 - 8:04 AM in reply to KillaBee

They're now linked! Thanks to you too!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016