Can i catch 5.21 train(Intlakn to Zrich) with SP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2014 at 8:17:11 #806482

Hi,

I will be using 4 day Swiss pass on 30 & 31 Aug, 1 & 2 Sep. Can i take 5.21 am morning train from interlaken to Zurich with this pass.

Regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    3 July 2014 at 13:11:53 #840371

Hi mudassirr,

Absolutely, you can take any train with a Swiss Pass. See here for where you can travel with the pass. Validity is based on routes, not on specific trains or times.

Enjoy the trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2014 at 9:33:55 #840372

Dear Annika,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry i forgot to mention the tricky part, i meant to ask whether i will be able to take 5.21 train to zurich on 3rd of September or not? It says on the website that ticket is valid till 5.00 am after the last free day of the 4 day pass. So if a board the platform before 5.00 will i be through or not?

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 July 2014 at 10:07:07 #840373

Hello mudassirr,

If you mean the 5.21 AM train on September 3, then no, you can not travel at that time. Your pass will expire at 5.00 AM following the last day of validity (September 2 in your case). This has been done so that travelers can complete late night trips.

Perhaps a 3- or 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass could help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2014 at 7:20:23 #840374

Thanks for the clarification. In this case what is the latest train that goes from Interlaken to Zurich and do we ave any overnight train or bus going this route.

Secondly, i will be traveling most of the time in the bernese oberland region, will it more suitable if i get 6 days pass? I have also seen in some posts that there is normally a 2 for 1 offer in late summer on this pass. Any chance the offer will be available soon?

Arno
    15482 posts
    5 July 2014 at 7:29:02 #840375

Hi mudassirr,

All the options can be found in the timetable. The latest trains to Zurich Airport depart 9 PM and 10 PM from Interlaken Ost. The latter starts with a 20 minute bus ride to Spiez, because of construction works. Airport hotels can be found here.

Which pass works best for you depends on your exact travel plans. It is explained here how to pick a pass based on your plans.

The 2 for 1 offer has been available a couple of times, but it’s not a standard promotion. Also it has never been available for high season, only Spring and Fall. There are some pretty good other offers though. See the Promotion section of the Swiss Pass page, for example. All our pass pages have promo overviews like that.

• The thread ‘Can i catch 5.21 train(Intlakn to Zrich) with SP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.