Can I get travel pass online & use online version

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 17:03:49 #810185

Hi Dear,

I am traveling from Paris to Lucerne on 9th. Will buy tickets upto Basel and then planning to travel on Swiss Travel Pass. As I am buying it today and flying to paris on 6th morning. How will I get the physical pass. Or can I use e pass which I will get on email or should I need physical pass only to travel.

One more thing after paying for the pass, how much time will it take to get my pass on my email id, as I need to reserve seats for my journey also.

Gratitude!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 October 2016 at 17:44:03 #856384

Hi Puneet, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass will be e-mailed to you. You need to print the attached PDF document and show the paper to the conductor upon request. Showing the electronic version is not allowed. You can print the pass at home, or ask the hotel staff in Paris to print it for you if you forward them the e-mail.

To order the pass, please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees). Usually this takes 1 business day, sometimes up to 3 business days. In either case it will be in time for the 9th. As you live in India you can also order through http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82 if you prefer that. They usually mail the pass in one business day. They also offer a promo pass, but that one will be shipped through regular mail.

Reserving seats can be done without having the pass in hand. You don’t need to reserve seats for trains in Switzerland though, apart from two tourist trains: myswissalps.com/ train/reservations. You can just board any train with your Swiss Travel Pass. It’s all you need.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 18:14:13 #856385

Thanks Arno for prompt reply.

I just ordered it from SBB.CH before reading your reply and I got an email also regarding my pass. I am attaching it for your reference, please advice me if this is the final pass which I have to print and show to the conductor.

Also on this website they didnt ask for online tickets, and even didnt ask for my mobile number, I dont want to incur additional charges so I need online ticket only. I think they automatically send me online version.

Please check.

Gratitude.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 October 2016 at 18:57:50 #856386

Hi Puneet,

The attachment seems to be the actual pass to me. I’m not sure what you mean by an online version; only a print out is valid for traveling. You will need to contact SBB if you have further questions about this order as you seem to have ordered from the domestic site sbb.ch. I referred you to the tourist webshop of the SBB (http://www.swissrailways.com) and know how things work there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 19:24:02 #856387

Thanks Arno, I have dropped them a mail, rest everything seems fine.Yeah I will take a print of this.

Thanks a ton 🙂

One more thing I would like to ask- I will be staying 2 nights in (Lucerne or Interaken) and finally on 11 th Zurich as I have my flight on 12th from Zurich.

But I am confused – Lucerne or Interlaken ????? which one should i opt for

Gratitude…

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 October 2016 at 19:37:22 #856388

Hi Puneet,

Both areas are great. As for the towns themselves: Lucerne is much prettier than Interlaken, but if your focus is on the mountains, then either is fine. Please find details on the Lucerne and Interlaken pages so you can make your choice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2016 at 19:51:47 #856389

Thanx Arno, you cleared all my doubts.. very helpful…

thanx a ton.

• The thread ‘Can I get travel pass online & use online version’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.