Can I purchase a Pass once I”m there?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 17:17:26 #807472

Hello fellow forum readers,

Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

I’m flying into and out of Zurich, but plan to hike from Atdorf to Varnayez. I know that I’ll need travel to and from Zurich, and a couple places along the way. …especially if I get behind schedule. Also, I’m planning on taking the Titlis cable car and probably one other cable car along the way. So here are my questions:

And is the Swiss Travel Pass worth it for me?

Can I purchase it once I’m in Switzerland?

What is an epass and how do I use it?

Is there a central site for bus, rail, and train schedules?

Thanks you in advance! Have a great day!

Eric

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 June 2015 at 10:15:24 #844062

Hi Eric,

Do you mean Altdorf and Vernayaz? Your plan sounds like you will be doing a few shorter trips, a few cable cars, and one longer trip from Vernayaz back to Zurich. Normally that’s not worth buying a Swiss Travel Pass, but a Swiss Half Fare Card will save you money.

Most passes, including the mentioned ones, can be purchased in Switzerland. In most cases it’s more convenient and cheaper to buy online though. Please see myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/wheretobuy for details.

An e-pass is a pass you can print yourself. The cheaper retailers don’t offer this option yet.

All public transport is in the Swiss timetable.

Please don’t post duplicates (see the forum rules). I removed your other post.

Enjoy your hike!

• The thread ‘Can I purchase a Pass once I”m there?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.