Can I reserve a private room in the train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2016 at 3:23:03 #809542

Hi, I’ll arrive at Zurich airport and then need to take the train to Wengen. It would take 3 hours and 15 minutes. I would like to ask about if I can reserve a private room because one of my family members is disabled, so can you please tell me which train has this service? and I would like to travel the fastest possible way to there.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2016 at 8:27:15 #853504

Hello,

There are no private rooms in Swiss trains, but it is possible to reserve places in trains together.

The trip from Zurich to Wengen is not in one train, you must change at Bern and Interlaken Ost and Lauterbrunnen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2016 at 11:21:43 #853505

Thank you for your response. Can you please explain more about how can I reserve places in trains together. Can you provide more information about that cause this’s my first trip to Switzerland.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 June 2016 at 11:43:03 #853506

Hi Jusephine,

Please refer to this page: myswissalps.com/ train/reservations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2016 at 3:30:28 #853507

>> Hi, I’ll arrive at Zurich airport and then need to take the train to Wengen. It would take 3 hours and 15 minutes.

I would like to ask about if I can reserve a private room because one of my family members is disabled, so can you please tell me which train has this service? and I would like to travel the fastest possible way to there.

Hi Jusephine,

Swiss trains on the long-distance routes are mostly configured with open-plan carriages with groups of seats facing each other. Second class has groups of 4 seats on each side of the aisle, while first class has a group of 4 seats on one side of the aisle and a group of 2 seats on the other side. You can see some pictures here (scroll down the page):

http://www.seat61.com/Swiss-trains.htm

All services from Zürich Flughafen (airport) to Wengen will require at least 3 changes of train, at Bern, Interlaken Ost and Lauterbrunnen. Some services also require an extra change at Zürich Hauptbahnhof (Zürich main station) or at Spiez, so you might want to avoid those services.

If you think you might need extra time to transfer between trains because of your family member’s disability, you can change the “Duration of transfer” in the online timetable to get options with longer transfer times (see attached picture).

If your family member’s disability affects their mobility, you might find this link useful:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/passengers-with-reduced-mobility.html

I hope this information is helpful.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2016 at 23:58:37 #853508

Thank you for your kind cooperation and providing these useful information, I really appreciate your help.

• The thread ‘Can I reserve a private room in the train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.