Car train from Brig to Trasquera

Car train from Brig to Trasquera

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
buckley
buckley
2 posts
Aug 22, 2010 - 5:50 PM
My wife and I are planning a trip in late October and are interested in going to Stresa Italy after visiting Zermatt. I mapped out the route using Google Maps on-line and it's route says to take the Brig - Iselle train to Trasquera.

Can you tell me about the car/train service and the schedule, ticket cost and best way to purchase tickets (if advance purchase is needed?)

Thanks you very much.
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Aug 23, 2010 - 5:00 AM
Hello Buckley! The car train from Brig to Iselle leaves every 1 to 2 hours, and the trip takes about 20 minutes. Please check the timetable for the exact departure times. You have to be present at least 3 minutes before the train departs (but it's wise to get there a bit earlier, so that you'll have enough time to purchase tickets and get your car on the train). The fare for a single journey is CHF 19.00; the full fare overview can be found here. It's not available in English, but the prices displayed are all for single journeys and the icons will help you out. You can purchase your tickets at the spot before boarding the train.

I hope this answers your questions!
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Aug 23, 2010 - 1:38 PM
I forgot to say that there's a direct car train from Kandersteg to Iselle as well. That's convenient in case you're travelling from the north.
buckley
buckley
2 posts
Aug 23, 2010 - 6:33 PM
Great information thank you.

Would you also recommend staying in Sion or Zermatt for one evening along the way? Can you recommend a place to stay?

Thank you
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Aug 24, 2010 - 11:06 AM
Hi buckley! Although Zermatt isn't exactly on the route to Brig (from either the north, west or east), it's definitely worth spending a night there. It takes a 40 minute drive from Visp in the Rhone valley to Täsch near Zermatt, where you have to park your car and get on board of the train, as Zermatt is car free. This is a quick and easy transfer though.

Zermatt is considered to be one of the most popular resorts in Switzerland and offers spectacular scenery. If you have enough time, you may consider getting up to one of the many viewing points around Zermatt. The Gornergrat is a great example. If you'd like to book a hotel there for a night, you can take a look at the hotel page.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016