Charge for children on mountains like Matterhorn

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2016 at 14:41:51 #808324

Hi this forum is of much help in planning my trip to Switzerland. This is my second inquiry in this forum.

Sir i will be travelling to Switzerland from 20 june 2016 to 30 june 2016. i have a very specific question regarding tickets for children between 6 to 16 years of age to mountains. Sir we will be having with us swiss rail pass for all the adults with Family card (i understand that children are free if they travel with the adult in all modes of communication). We are 6 adults and 5 children. Kindly let me know if there will be separate charge for children on mountains.

Example 1 if we go to Klein Matterhorn the rate for adult is reduced to 58 chf per adult. In this case i want to know if the child is free along with adult or we have to pay 50 chf per child as shown in the rate list (Which says: Children without STS Family Card have to pay 50 chf).

Another example 2 is Titlis: For adults the rate gets reduced to 56.5 per adult but do we have to pay 50.5 chf per child or the child is free along with the adult. Example 3: In case of Jungfraujoch. The adult rate is reduced to 128 chf if we go from Murren, here do we have to pay anything for child between 6-16.

Thanking you

Vishal Udawat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    25 January 2016 at 15:20:39 #847965

Hi Vishal Udawat,

With a Swiss Family Card, children travel for free on all routes for which the Swiss Travel Pass (I assume this is the pass you mean?) is valid. It doesn’t matter whether the Swiss Travel Pass offers free traveling or just a discount there. So there are no charges for children on mountain routes like Klein Matterhorn, Titlis and Jungfraujoch either.

Just a note: you mention children between 6 to 16 years. Mind that the Swiss Family Card is available for children up to and including 15 years.

Please find details at our Swiss Family Card page.

• The thread ‘Charge for children on mountains like Matterhorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.