Cheap car company that i can hire from Lugano to s

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2012 at 9:13:42 #805194

Hello,

I will be traveling from singapore on July 1, 2012 and reaching zurich below is my plan can you confirm if this is indeed a good plan.

For 3 night in Lucerne [ Local Lucerne, Mt Pilatus , Mt Titilis ]

For 3 Nights in Interlaken [ Local Interlaken rivers , Jungfragouch & Schilthron ]

For 2 Nights in Zermatt [ 1 Day local , 1 Day Matterhorn]

Now i am not keen on traveling glacier express from Zematt to St moritz. So instead i am planning to do Zermatt — Lugano [ via Andermatt]

In Lugano 2 nights .. In one day i want to visit St moritz and be back to Lugano but the connectivity between bernina express / bus are not convienent.

Is there a cheap car company that i can hire from Lugano to st moritz and on the reurn leg take the bernina express

Or Take the bernina express in the morning and take the rerturn car from St moritz to Lugano

Can you please also tell me how the weather would be in the month of July

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    2 May 2012 at 13:23:04 #835873

Hello damingad. Í don’t think it’s convenient to rent a car, as you will have to get it in one town (Lugano or St. Moritz) and hand it in in another town. Please note that there are lots of connections available between Lugano and St. Moritz each day. Not only the Bernina Express runs here, but there are other buses and regular regional trains covering the same route. So it’s wiser to plan the entire journey by public transportation using the timetable. Although it will be along day, you will be able to travel from Lugano to St. Moritz via Tirano (this is the Bernina Express route) and return via Thusis (which is a shorter ride). An overnight stay in St. Moritz is an option too of course.

As for weather conditions: that’s hard to say, as it depends on current weather circumstances and your exact location. Generally, July can be rather warm and sunny, but there are no guarantees. These climate diagrams may be of help.

• The thread ‘Cheap car company that i can hire from Lugano to s’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.