Cheapest hotel in Switzerland in April?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2012 at 8:38:22 #804994

Hi,
    I am planning a family trip to Switzerland in April for 4 days.
    Can you please tell me the
    1) The cheapest hotels near to rail station or any transport.
    2) What will be best location to stay. Zurich, Interlaken or Lucern.
    3) A flexi saver rail pass I guess would be good, Right?
    4) Does this pass work in train from airport to any city as well.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 March 2012 at 13:14:34 #835105

Hi atanwar,

I would pick either Lucerne or Interlaken as they’re closer to the mountains than Zurich. Both are great with lots of options for day trips. Lucerne has a nice old town center. Hotel suggestions for Lucerne, Interlaken and Zurich are on our website. The hotels are close to the rail stations and attractions; mostly even at walking distance. The cheaper hotels are listed there as well.

The 4-day Swiss Saver Pass is currently on sale as there is this 2-for-1 promotion. That would be your best option. It indeed covers the trains from the airport also. The network map showing what’s covered can be downloaded from the Swiss Pass page.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Cheapest hotel in Switzerland in April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.