Check the price

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2013 at 5:07:23 #805913

A. How much does it cost about by train?( I know the price is different.)

from Venice to Thun (24/06)

Thun to Paris (27/06)
    B. I will be in Thun, Switzer Land from 24–26 (June)
    Day 1: I will visit Bern that afternoon
    Day 2: Jungfrau and small towns nearby
    Day 3: Luzern
    Is it worthwhile to buy a pass in my case?
    Thanks!

Helen Cheng

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 April 2013 at 13:46:45 #838388

Welcome to the forum, Helen Cheng. Train trip prices can be found through the timetable. Just enter your departure and destination stations, choose a connection and click ‘Fare/buy’. This works for trips from and to cities in bordering countries (e.g. Venice and Paris) as well.

Yes, a rail pass will certainly save you money. Based on the trips you mention, I think the Swiss Half Fare Card is the most economical deal. If you’re interested in unlimited traveling without having to buy additional tickets for most trips, and/or if you plan to visit museums in Bern and/or Lucerne, you may also take a look at the 4 day Swiss (Saver) Pass.

• The thread ‘Check the price’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.