Child travelling with aunt on Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 9:43:07 #811659

I am taking my 15 year old nephew (same surname) on a trip to switzerland. Can he travel for free on the family card with my rail pass? thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 9:54:02 #862705

Hi Sydneyjen,

No. BUT there is a Children’s Co-travelcard that is 30chf and allows children to travel free with you as long as you have a valid ticket. You can read all about the terms and conditions here.

It must be bought at an SBB rail office in Switzerland and there is a promotion now lasting until Jan.31 2018 that the price is only 15chf (children 5 up to their 16th birthday).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 11:20:50 #862706

Thanks Lucas for the information – Just to confirm, this will work if i have a rail pass? (not an individual ticket for the journey)

also can i buy this on the internet or only once we arrive at Zurich airport.

thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 17:42:17 #862707

Yes any valid ticket or pass.

You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass online (and a few others) is that what you have?

You have to buy the Children’s Co-travelcard at a SBB ticket office – which you can find at Zurich airport.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Child travelling with aunt on Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.