Children traveling without parents rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2016 at 19:04:23 #809918

Hello!

I am looking for information on whether a child under the age of 15 years may purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass for children if the child is NOT traveling with a parent, but rather an unrelated adult chaperone. This is for a group of students on a trip together with two adult teachers.

I can’t seem to find information on this on the website, but I may not be looking in the right place. I am also looking for the same information regarding the Bernard Oberland Regional Pass. Am trying to decide whether we should purchase the Jungfrau Travel Pass of Bernard Oberland Regional Pass

Thank you!

Alex

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 August 2016 at 8:33:51 #855244

Thank you for joining us Alex!

Jungfrau Travel Pass: they do offer discounts for schools and sports camps, but you would have to ask the Jungfrau Railways to check what applies in your case: http://www.jungfrau.ch. They may also know how this works for the Regional-Pass. I will see if I can find that information as well and let you know.

More pass details are here:

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2016 at 14:02:37 #855245

Hi again Alex,

I found a bit more information regarding the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland and update our page myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland/ price. Apparently the CHF flat rate for a children’s pass applies to children traveling without their parents as well. But it does not apply to school and scouting groups. I think they offer a discount in such a case too, but you will have to contact them directly to ask about that.

• The thread ‘Children traveling without parents rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.