Choose the right pass

• omika
    Participant
    5 posts
    23 July 2012 at 23:27:58 #805472

Hello,
    My travel plans are:
    1. 2 days in Zurich with a visit to the Rhine Falls. A train travel to Lucerne.
    2. 2 days in Lucerne. A trip to Pilatus. A travel to Geneva, including Golden Pass panoramic.
    3. 2 days in Geneva. A train travel to Zermatt.
    4. 2 days in Zermatt. A train travel to Gornergrat or Matterhorn. A trip with Glacier Express to Chur.
    5. 2 days in Chur. A return to Zurich.
    We are two – me and my husband. The journey starts on 10AUG2012.
    Please, advise which is the most suitable Swiss pass for us. We intend to travel 1 class in the panoramic trains.
    Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 July 2012 at 1:49:42 #836710

Hi omika. Since you plan to make some long and expensive trips, I think you should consider a 5 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. With this pass, your five long transfers (Zurich-Rhine Falls-Lucerne, Lucerne-Geneva, Geneva-Zermatt, Zermatt-Chur and Chur-Zurich) will be for free. On days in between, you can use tickets with a 50% discount. You’ll also need additional seat reservations for the Golden Pass and the Glacier Express.

I hope this helps you decide!

omika
    Participant
    5 posts
    24 July 2012 at 4:09:28 #836711

Thank you for the answer, Annika. 🙂
    I decided to follow your advice and to buy a 5-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.
    Can I buy it from Zurich Airport?

Best regards.

P. S. Thank you for the excellent forum. 🙂

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 July 2012 at 7:31:24 #836712

Hi omika, and thank you for your compliments. All purchase options of the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will be displayed if you fill out your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Flexi Pass page. Just click ‘Show more information’ at each option for further details. Do mind that you may be eligible for these Rail Europe promo codes, causing an online purchase to be more economical.

• The thread ‘Choose the right pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.