Choosing a pass for 3 days in Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2016 at 20:50:36 #809730

im traveling within Switzerland to Lucerne and was thinking of getting a 3 day pass. I had two questions:

1. On the same travel day, can I travel by train to Lucerne in the morning and take a boat trip in the afternoon– or will taking the boat trip use up an additional day? Similarly can I go on one of the mountain excursions like Pilatus and use the 50 percent discount from the pass and take an evening train back to Geneva — will this use up 1 travel day or two?

2. The raileurope website for the Swiss travel flexi pass asks for the first day of travel– is that the first day I’m traveling or the day the month of validity of the pass begins. What if I don’t know the exact start date of my Lucerne trip yet?

• The thread ‘Choosing a pass for 3 days in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.