Choosing the best Swiss Travel Pass

• Vacationlady
    Participant
    5 posts
    12 November 2015 at 13:46:51 #808122

I want to thank the forum for your help in planning our trip to Switzerland. After reviewing the board we purchased the Swiss Travel Pass. At first I thought it costs a lot of money, but due to the weather we ended up using it more than we originally thought. I wanted to buy the 1/2 price card and my husband wanted the convenience of just having the pass as it cost a little more than the 1/2 price card. He ended up being right. If you want to see a breakdown on just one trip and my write up about choosing the best Swiss Travel Pass, you can see it on my blog: winenchocolate.com

Thanks for all your help Switzerland was just as beautiful as everyone says, I just wish we would have had better weather.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 November 2015 at 10:11:23 #846970

Hi Vacationlady,

Thank you for getting back to us. I’m glad to hear our website was useful. I’m sure the excellent example on your blog will be useful for future travelers too! Hopefully you’ll have the chance to see the Swiss Alps with better weather some day.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    1 May 2016 at 10:34:35 #846971

Hello Vacationlady,

I’ve read your blog winenchocolate.com/cho osing-the-best-swiss-travel-pass/

For anyone trying to find the most suitable pass for their stay in Switzerland it wil be most helpful to read.

Thanks for posting the link.

Wandermann

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 1:42:06 #846972

hi

I am planning a quick swiss trip of 5 days from Geneva to Zurich. I want to cover chocolate train, Glacier express, Zeramatt and finally Rhine falls. what is the best travel pass option available.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 7:32:07 #846973

Hi anagha and welcome to MySwissAlps!

This thread is for a trip report from Vacationlady. It would be best for you to start your own thread and ask your questions to the community there – we’ll be glad to help you!

To help you get started have a look through our page on Swiss rail passes– the Swiss Travel Pass is probably the best option for you.

Post your questions on our rail forum.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Choosing the best Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.