Christmas in Beckenried

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 February 2012 at 1:41:15 #804967

Hello,

My partner and I are planning a trip to Europe from mid-December to mid-January, and are thinking we’d like to spend Christmas in Switzerland. We’re planning to start in Zurich for the Christmas markets and spend from the 19th to the 22nd there, and then head somewhere higher up where we can ‘hopefully’ have a white Christmas. I was hoping to stay in the Boutique Hotel Schlussel in Beckenried over Christmas, but was wondering what the chances of it actually snowing here are. I’ve searched online but can’t find any information anywhere.
    I’m happy to travel up to a ski area Christmas day if the cable cars will be running and if we can get there relatively easily, just so long as our Christmas has snow one way or another.
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 March 2012 at 6:40:19 #835037

Hi michymich, and welcome to the forum! If you want to be sure of snow, you should indeed pick a (ski) resort high up in the mountains. Examples are Wengen, Zermatt and several resorts in the Engadine, such as St. Moritz or nearby towns (Graubünden). Beckenried is situated at a relatively low altitude. Instead of staying overnight in another resort, you can also spend a day at a viewing point such as Pilatus, Rigi or Titlis. They can all be be reached from Beckenried quite easily. The timetable will help you plan your trips.

Great info on Christmas markets can be found in this forum topic.

• The thread ‘Christmas in Beckenried’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.