Christmas trip to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 6:58:05 #810604

We arrived in Lucerne Christmas Eve. We stayed in the old town, just across from the train station. It was an awesome location as we were able to explore all the attractions by walking there.

The Christmas lights were beautiful.I had organised Swiss travel passes in Australia which were the absolutely the best way to travel. We traveled to Mt Rigi on the 26th Dec, all included in our pass, and the morning boat ride on Lake Lucerne was stunning. The Glacier Gardens were nice, the highlight being the mirror maze.

The pass allowed us half price entry to the Transport Museum. This place is amazing. I was travelling with my husband, and 2 sons(20,17) and they all loved it, crashing cars,playing pirates, using simulators and slides. If you are in Lucerne and have children of any age, they will love this place.

We also traveled to Zermatt and on the Glacier Express. Travelling by train allowed all of us to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery. We visited 4 countries in our 4 weeks in Europe and we cannot wait to head back to Switzerland as we saw such a small amount of your beautiful country.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 January 2017 at 9:18:29 #858165

Hi Figold,

Thank you for this trip report! I’m so glad to hear your family had a great time here and everything went so smoothly for you!

There certainly is a lot to see here for such a small country!

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Christmas trip to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.