Christmas & New Year trip with our baby (9months)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2011 at 12:39:47 #804794

Hi,
    I’m planning to visit Switzerland with my wife and baby (9 months) during Christmas & New Year2012! Right now we have rough plan just like this…

31 Dec arrive at Zurich (morning time)

1 Jan Zurich – Luzern

2 Jan Luzern-Interlaken

3 Jan Interlaken-Berne

4 Jan Berne -Zurich ( Fly back in Afternoon time)

We plan to rent a car to explore our trip. However, I’m not quite sure, is it good idea or not. Due to the Winter time and the route will be proper to drive or not. I’m leaving in the hot country so never try to drive in the snow area. What would you recommend? Should I use train or not? Moreover,do you think my plan is to rush or not? Should I skip any city?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2011 at 19:43:31 #834533

I would plan to go by rail at that time of the year. You can sit back and relax and watch the snow come down.
    I would also plan to stay in one city and make day trips from there. It would be a lot easier with the baby to travel without luggage. Also you could plan your day on the weather and go to Interlaken on a nice day and Bern if the weather is not so nice.
    I would suggest Luzern as your home base. There is direct service from Zurich airport taking only an hour. You can get to Zurich in 40 minutes, Interlaken in 2 hours, and Bern in one hour from there.

Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2011 at 0:37:32 #834534

Thanks Dick!

It’s seem to be great idea! At first, I would like to use train but afraid of carrying luggage with baby. But you idea make it easily for us to train! Thanks a lot!

• The thread ‘Christmas & New Year trip with our baby (9months)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.