Chur to Lucerne by Glacier Express train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 20:38:08 #810754

Hi, I want to travel from Chur to Lucern in July. Can I do this via Wassen or should I go to Montreux, then on to Lucern?I want to go on the Gacier Express all or part. What is the most scenic part of the Glacier Express route?

Kris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2017 at 9:49:54 #858753

Hi Kriseyre,

Montreux would be quite out of the way for you. The most direct route would be via Thalwil (near Zurich). The trip would be a little over 2 hours typically from Chur to Luzern (local German spelling).

I think all sections of the Glacier Express route are quite nice. Perhaps the section between Chur and Andermatt is sometimes noted as the nicest. Check out route details here.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 February 2017 at 23:02:38 #858754

Hi Kris,

I’m no expert on this – still researching myself. Depends how much of the Glacier Express you want to experience. You could hop off at Andermatt and go via Göschenen to Lucern. Or hop off at Brig and go via Spiez and Interlaken to Lucern. Andermatt option lets you experience a fair stretch of the Gotthard Panorama Express route.

GB

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2017 at 10:20:16 #858755

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2017 at 10:20:51 #858756

Thank you

• The thread ‘Chur to Lucerne by Glacier Express train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.