Chur to Munich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2013 at 6:18:18 #806138

Hi

I am planning to go from Chur to Munich — do you know if some of all of this journey would be covered by the Swiss Pass or another of the passes?

As the start of my holiday I am travelling to Bern to Grindelwald. I’ll be using trains every day for the 4 days I’m there, for various trips in the area, and then on the 5th day I’m getting the Glacier Express from Brig to Chur. Day 6 is Chur to Munich.
    Would be grateful for any advice you can give me on the best rail pass to get!

Thanks

Ben

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 August 2013 at 11:03:19 #839147

Hi Ben,

The Swiss leg of Chur to Munich is free with a Swiss Pass. You can download the network map from the Swiss Pass page to see details.

An 8 day Swiss Pass would fit your needs. It covers the Glacier Express as well, except for the seat reservation. If you want to be 100% sure of the cheapest option, you need to make some calculations as explained here. A Swiss Flexi Pass for a couple of days may work as well in your case.

Feel free to ask if you need further help. Please include your country of residence in that case.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2013 at 12:47:29 #839148

Thanks. I am in the UK. Could I just get a 6 day flexi pass and use it for the 6 days I’m there? Would there be any disadvantage to this?

Thanks

Ben

Annika
    7103 posts
    13 August 2013 at 12:55:34 #839149

Hi Ben. The 6 day Swiss Flexi Pass would be more expensive than an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass. That’s because Flexi Passes can be used during a maximum period of 1 month. You can compare prices through the Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass page. So an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass would be the better option. You can order from the UK and see prices in GBP here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2013 at 13:35:32 #839150

Thanks very much. For my Chur to Munich journey, how would I book my ticket to make sure I get the Swiss part of the journey for free?

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 August 2013 at 13:56:38 #839151

Hello Ben,

Say you would cross the border in St. Margrethen, you would simply book a point to point ticket from there to Munich. For the Swiss leg you only need your Swiss Pass.

• The thread ‘Chur to Munich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.