City-City Ticket vs regular ticket Gersau – Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2016 at 9:52:07 #808809

I was checking the ticket prices between Gersau, Schiffstation and Luzern for 22/4/2016 and I found the full priced tickets are CHF 15.80 (total for 2 people = CHF 31.60).

But then there is one more option of City-City ticket which is costing CHF 47.60 for two people. What is the difference between the two tickets. Should I go for the individual tickets only which will cost me less for two of us ?

Also, I would probably book this ticket online 2 days prior to the journey date i.e. on 20/4/2016, I hope the prices for full fare tickets don’t change neither their availability ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 April 2016 at 23:59:11 #850302

Hi sskundu.

Perhaps you used the prices that show in the SBB timetable?

Those are half – fare prices, because almost all Swiss have some form of half fare card.

?

Slowpoke

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 April 2016 at 5:44:58 #850303

Hi sskundu,

Full priced single tickets are CHF 15.80 per person. A City-City ticket includes public transport within the town of departure and arrival. You don’t need that. A City-ticket includes public transport within the town of arrival (Luzern). Whether you need that depends on your plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2016 at 6:20:09 #850304

HI Annika,

My itinerary on 22/4 is as below:

1. Gersau, Schiffstation to Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof (by bus ; only option)

2. Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof to Luzern (train)

3.Luzern to Milan (international train ; separate tickets purchased)

The full ticket fare of CHF 15.80 is for the entire leg of Gersau to Luzern via Küssnacht am Rigi. Then what additional would a City-City ticket or City-ticket include ?

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 April 2016 at 7:02:58 #850305

Hi sskundu,

Please see my previous post: it includes transport within town. But you don’t need that for your plans.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘City-City Ticket vs regular ticket Gersau – Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.