City-City Ticket vs regular ticket Gersau - Luzern

City-City Ticket vs regular ticket Gersau - Luzern

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 5, 2016 - 9:52 AM

I was checking the ticket prices between Gersau, Schiffstation and Luzern for 22/4/2016 and I found the full priced tickets are CHF 15.80 (total for 2 people = CHF 31.60).

But then there is one more option of City-City ticket which is costing CHF 47.60 for two people. What is the difference between the two tickets. Should I go for the individual tickets only which will cost me less for two of us ?

Also, I would probably book this ticket online 2 days prior to the journey date i.e. on 20/4/2016, I hope the prices for full fare tickets don't change neither their availability ?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2641 posts
expert
Apr 5, 2016 - 11:59 PM

Hi sskundu.

Perhaps you used the prices that show in the SBB timetable?

Those are half - fare prices, because almost all Swiss have some form of half fare card.

?

Slowpoke

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Apr 6, 2016 - 5:44 AM in reply to sskundu

Hi sskundu,

Full priced single tickets are CHF 15.80 per person. A City-City ticket includes public transport within the town of departure and arrival. You don't need that. A City-ticket includes public transport within the town of arrival (Luzern). Whether you need that depends on your plans.

sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 6, 2016 - 6:20 AM in reply to Annika

HI Annika,

My itinerary on 22/4 is as below:

1. Gersau, Schiffstation to Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof (by bus ; only option)

2. Küssnacht am Rigi, Bahnhof to Luzern (train)

3.Luzern to Milan (international train ; separate tickets purchased)

The full ticket fare of CHF 15.80 is for the entire leg of Gersau to Luzern via Küssnacht am Rigi. Then what additional would a City-City ticket or City-ticket include ?

Last modified on Apr 6, 2016 - 6:21 AM by sskundu
Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Apr 6, 2016 - 7:02 AM

Hi sskundu,

Please see my previous post: it includes transport within town. But you don't need that for your plans.

Have a good trip!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016