Clarification about regional-pass Bernese oberland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2015 at 4:38:20 #807401

I have this fixed itenary- I and my daughter aged 21years will arrive in Zurich on 1st July morning & have to go to Bern as we are staying there for the entire duration of our trip. During this time I want to visit Interlaken & Jungfroujach & surrounding areas on one day & visit Geneva on another day & maybe Lucerne on a third day. In between I also want to travel locally in Bern. I am flying back to India on 9th morning from Zurich.

kindly suggest if the regional-pass Bernese Oberland is suited for this ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 June 2015 at 5:47:48 #843814

Hi Babsvals, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland doesn’t include the trip to Geneva, nor cable cars around Lucerne. Please see the map for details: myswissalps.com/region alpassberneseoberland/ validity. A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card seems like a better fit, but you can do the math based on your exact itinerary to be sure. To save money, be sure to buy online if you choose one of these last two passes. Please see here for pass details and prices:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2015 at 6:31:46 #843815

A very good morning to you. Thank you for the clarification.

i have decided to buy a Swiss Travel Pass Flex and also a half fare card. So,

1. Till which point can I use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex from Bern to Jaungfroujoch, that is without any payment, and from where can I use the half fare card.

2. With these passes, when and where should I buy the tickets for Jungfroujoch if I plan to do that journey on 2.07.2015.

thank you

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 June 2015 at 9:37:00 #843816

Hi Babsvals,

1. You can reach Wengen and Grindelwald for free. The rest of the trip is discounted by 50% with the Swiss Half Fare Card. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpassflex/ validity and myswissalps.com/ swisshalffarecard/ validity for where the passes are valid.

2. You can buy the tickets as soon as you’re sure you’ll do the trip (i.e. if the weather is good). They’re available at any staffed station, e.g. Bern.

In your case, both passes are available through your local Indian reseller: http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-pass

Have a wonderful trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2015 at 18:48:40 #843817

Thank you for all the help & the prompt replies.

This is indeed a wonderful forum.

Bye & take care

• The thread ‘Clarification about regional-pass Bernese oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.