Clarification on validation date Swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2010 at 13:32:36 #803784

I have concluded that the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will be the most appropriate pass for my husband and me to use this summer. When I proceeded to book/purchase the pass from your partner Rail Europe, the “terms and conditions” section stated that the pass must be validated the day before first use. That would mean that I would not be able to use the pass to travel from the Zurich airport to Zermatt on the afternoon of my arrival date. Is the information on that website accurate? If so, I may need to reconsider what I need to purchase. I would like to travel with the pass on the day of my arrival in Switzerland, so validating the day before is not possible.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    20 April 2010 at 16:00:15 #831127

Hi carempel,

I suppose you are referring to this phrase: “Passes are issued open dated and must be validated within six months from the date of issue and prior to the first day of use.”?

In fact this is part of a general explaination for various European rail passes. The Swiss Flexi Pass however, can be validated by yourself according to the enclosed instructions. It’s just important that you validate it before boarding your first train of the day. If you are in doubt about how to validate the pass, you can of course ask the railway personnel at Zurich airport.

It’s no problem to use your pass on the day of arrival!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2010 at 16:08:02 #831128

Thank you! Yes, that is exactly the line that confused me. I will go ahead with my purchase plans then.

• The thread ‘Clarification on validation date Swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.