Combine scenic train tour & stay at Jungfrau?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 August 2015 at 12:18:39 #844952

<<” 4012posts: expertAug 6, 2015 – 6:44 AM<<“This forum isto share your experiences. There are no “must sees” or “must avoids” aseveryone has their own preferences. “>>

And, those sights (or non-sights) depend on the weather, the number of days, hours or minutes available, the cost, the degree of interest in photography or of seeing alpine wildflowers or railroad engineering or snow, the ages and fitness of your party, and all of those relative to the value of different choices for the way to spend the time.

<<“So here’s my view on the Landwasser viaduct: Ithink it’s an impressive viaduct, although the thrill of riding it onlylasts half a minute. But if you like scenic trains the ride as a wholeis worth it. …… “>>

A good point. It fell out of my comments when I lost a partially complete message during editing. It is a good train ride with worthwhile scenery.

<<“Fora real good view of it you can follow an easy trail from the railstation of Filisur ………. viewing point …… A longer hike can be found on http://www.wanderrouten.ch/la ndwasserviadukt.htm, passing both viaducts.”>>

Thank you for both of those suggestions. Now I have another good reason to go back.

Slowpoke.

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • The thread ‘Combine scenic train tour & stay at Jungfrau?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.