Conditions of trails over Verbier late June 2016

• juliteuscher
    Participant
    19 posts
    10 June 2016 at 6:59:38 #809406

I hope this is my last question about hiking trails 🙂 .

Would anyone know the current conditions of the trails right above Verbier. I am coming with my husband and teenage kids at the end of June and would love to do a hike there. I am thinking La Ruinette/Cabane du Mont Fort/La Chaux (not anything as ambitious as Sentier du Chamois – would have attempted that if we were coming later in the summer). I realize Cabane du Mont Fort will probably not be open yet, but I am thinking to start at La Ruinette and to hike to Cabane du Mont Fort (and just to sit on the terrace) and then loop via La Chaux back to Ruinette.

Thoughts on whether this will be doable in about 2 weeks ? Thank you !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 June 2016 at 7:46:30 #852912

Hi again juliteuscher!

Feel free to keep asking! To be honest, this will again be a best guess like in your other thread. There’s still quite a bit of snow around Les Ruinettes at 2200 m. I would say there’s a good chance those trails will be accessible in two weeks from now. I’m not sure about Cabane du Mont Fort. That’s around 2500 m. I would not count on that but perhaps you’re lucky. You’d better ask the tourist agency for trail conditions when you’re there. A lot can change in two weeks. For the worse, or more probably, for the better.

juliteuscher
    Participant
    19 posts
    14 June 2016 at 2:59:49 #852913

Thank you once again for your input. We are trying to do trails that are loops in general or not too difficult since we are going with the kids…if we start a trail and conditions are not ideal or safe, we will just turn around ! A nice benefit of the mountains having a later snow cover is that they are so beautiful for photos , even if we can’t hike them 🙂 . I have read the links thatvyou have given me and think this site is such a wonderful source of information . Thank you again !

• The thread ‘Conditions of trails over Verbier late June 2016’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.