Confirming the 50% discount on Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2016 at 1:36:43 #809028

Hello folks,

My name is Teresa and I am traveling to Europe in the end of May/2016. We are a small group of Brazilians citizens, nine friends that usually travel together every two years. This time we are going to visit Switzerland. We will stay in Bern for 2 days only. During this short period my friend and I are planning a day trip to Jungfraujoch preferable on June, 5.

Getting information and more details about the country and specifically the trip to Jungfraujoch at the web I read about an special discount of 50% on tickets from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch for all passengers that bring an old Corcovado Railway ticket with them. This information came from an old tourism magazine I could not confirm this information in other websites that I had consulted. Since this one day trip to Jungfraujoch is very expensive, then all the available discounts are welcome however it is required to get more details and trustworthy information. Can you assist me with this information?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 April 2016 at 4:29:51 #851289

Hi Teresaroza,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You will get a discount if you buy the Good Morning Ticket or if you have a rail pass. A rail pass might be worth it anyway since you’ll probably be doing more trips apart from Jungfraujoch. I have not heard of the promotion you mentioned. It’s probably old and no longer valid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2016 at 15:33:26 #851290

Your best bet would be the Swiss Travel Pass. Depending on the length of your stay in Swiss territory, you can buy the 3-day, 4-day or 8-day Pass. 2nd class is usually enough.

The Swiss Travel Pass provides you 25% discount from Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald to Jungfrau (via Klein Scheidegg). Train travel to Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald (from Interlaken OST) is free with the Swiss Travel Pass and so are your other train travels.

Mt. Titlis would have 50% discount with the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Confirming the 50% discount on Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.