Confused on passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2012 at 11:57:50 #805585

I am travelling to swiss along with my wife and kid.
    Below is my plan.
    Arrival at basel on 7th Sep 2012 in the evening.
    8th, 9th, 10 th and 11th (4 days stay in swiss)
    Depart from basel airport on 12th Sep at early morning.
    Should i buy both Swiss pass and Swiss transfer ticket pass.
    or I Should only buy Swiss pass and buy tickets individually to reach the hotel/Airport on travelling dates ?
    What kind of pass i should buy.
    Can you please suggest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 August 2012 at 16:29:32 #837072

Welcome to MySwissAlps kakak!

Can you provide some additional information? What trips do you intend to make during your four days? Where will you spend the nights? What’s your country of residence?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2012 at 11:53:06 #837073

Hi

I am very much confuse about this pass, kindly let me know from where I can buy this?
    Is this only from online and I need to order from shipping.
    Is this not available at Railway station, if it is so much is “2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass” for 4 days.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2012 at 12:47:36 #837074

Hi Kamal,

This is the third time I have to ask you to post in relevant topics only. You’re free to create a new topic as well. Please read our forum rules and act upon them. Thanks!

All resellers of the Swiss Pass can be found on the right hand side of the Swiss Pass page. Just select your country, preferred pass, etc. to see the options. I hope this answers your question!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2012 at 10:20:25 #837075

I still did not completely made any plan for my trip.

I will just give some baground.

I am citizen of india, Presently in located in norway for 3 months work.

Travel plan dates:
    Arrival at basel on 7th Sep 2012 in the evening.
    8th, 9th, 10 th and 11th (4 days stay in swiss)
    Depart from basel airport on 12th Sep at early morning

Accomidation Bookings: All at Interlaken Ost

I only gathered some information in last 2 days from my friends what are the places that can be visited
    below are the sugegsted places
    Jungfrau, Mt. Titlis, Golden Train line, zurich and bern

It will be a great help, If i can get a detailed suggestion how to travel around and what are the places worth visiting and what kind of swiss travel passes that can be purchased.

Thanks a lot in advance for replying 🙂

Annika
    7121 posts
    2 September 2012 at 5:21:37 #837076

Hello kakak. The destinations you mention can all be well reached from Interlaken. The entire Golden Pass between Lucerne to Montreux would be a bit too much in my opintion, but you can also travel part of this route, e.g. to Lucerne when heading for the Titlis. The best thing you can do is enter your destinations in the timetable (enter ‘Kleintitlis’ for the Titlis). This allows you to make an exact planning for each trip, including routes and traveling times. Enter ‘Meiringen’ as a via-station for the Golden Pass route between Interlaken and Lucerne. And do note that it’s recommend to make seat reservations in advance.

Swiss rail passes are listed in this overview. There’s a detail page on each pass, explaining exactly how to use it. These FAQ may get you started too. Since you’re traveling in September, you may be eligible for the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. If you order a pass before September 5, you can profit from additional discounts. This would be the most economical option if you plan to travel with someone else.

• The thread ‘Confused on passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.