Confused on what pass to buy and little time left.

Confused on what pass to buy and little time left.

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
roopesh
roopesh
1 post
Sep 13, 2011 - 3:56 AM
This is my trip

Am still in mess with work and have not got time for a single thing.
Please someone suggest me what pass or card should i book. i am from UAE.

16/9/11FridayDxb to Geneva to Zermatt17/9/11SaturdayZermatt18/9/11SundayInterlaken 19/9/11MondayInterlaken 20/9/11TuesdayLucerne21/9/11WednesdayParis
Excursions.
Titlis, jungfrau, matterhorn, glacier 3000,

Thanks in advance for the help.
Arno
Arno
7345 posts
expert &
Sep 13, 2011 - 6:28 AM
Hi roopesh,

An 8-day Swiss Pass (or Swiss Saver Pass if you're traveling with 2 or more) would be the most comfortable solution, as you get free traveling and only buy reduced tickets for cable cars/mountain trains. The Swiss Pass is fairly cheap in the UAE, if ordered online. These promo codes may provide even more discount. However, it's too late to have the pass shipped to your home address. While ordering through Rail Europe, you will have the option of collecting your pass from several local offices. That's still an option. A ticket from the Swiss border (Basel) to Paris can be ordered along there. If you buy in Switzerland, prices are higher, as you can see on the Swiss Pass page.

If you're looking for the most economical option, I would say that you need the Swiss Half Fare Card. Then you would buy reduced tickets for each trip.

Good luck with your work and enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016