confused please help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2014 at 12:26:19 #806508

Hi i keep looking and still cant work out the cost of the Jungfrau from Grindalward to Jungfraujoch return 1st class and also can i get a pananramic train from Interlaken and Lucerne ? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 July 2014 at 12:34:56 #840598

Hi zippy,

Regarding the Jungfraujoch ticket prices: there’s a link under “More on other websites” on http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/tickets.

The Golden Pass line starts in Lucerne and ends in Montreux, via Interlaken: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2014 at 23:01:08 #840599

Not all trains and route segments on the Golden Pass route have panoramic coaches.

You can work these out from the SBB website…go to timetable, search the journey and expand each option. You will need to spell Luzern with a z. After expanding the journey option, look for the trtiangular panoramic coach symbol in the information column.

I think you may need to search separately from Luzern to Interlaken Ost and Interlaken Ost to Montreux VIA ZWEISSIMEN to find the information you need or you will not be routed via the Golden Pass route

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2014 at 23:03:14 #840600

Also you may need to reserve your seat (although I don’t recall that I had to a couple of years ago)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2014 at 23:18:59 #840601

And regarding prices, when you use the link under ‘more on other websites’ – http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/tickets-rates/wengen/fares-for-individual-travellers/ – you have to click on the departure point from the list on the left before reading off the fare which is then shown alongside the destination from the list in the main table. Just saying, because I couldn’t understand this at first – in case it helps – but maybe I am just thick!! Happy travelling!

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 July 2014 at 4:51:04 #840602

Thanks for all your advice mikesc60! Seat reservations are not required for the Golden Pass line, see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2014 at 6:13:04 #840603

Hi

Thanks So much , will probaly just go on the Golden Train from Interlaken to Lucerne as we will be in Grindelward, would have already been on the BE and GE by this point so im sure we wont be disappointed , Thanks Again MIKE and Arno 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2014 at 10:28:30 #840604

It’s a pleasure! This is a fantastic site…there’s not much if anything you can add to the information available. Wish I’d found it before I had started to plan my trip!

• The thread ‘confused please help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.