Confused Zurich to Paris airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2012 at 14:26:40 #805364

I am trying to book a TGV from Zurich to Paris, the Raddison Blu at the airport. I have tried sbb.ch which takes me to Basel then Mulhouse to the airport. Is this the only option I have? I thought there was a direct train to the airport under 5 hrs. Can someone help me, please!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 June 2012 at 4:37:41 #836413

Hi marino,

If you enter Paris Gare de Lyon as your destination in the timetable, you’ll see direct trains in 4 hours. But it’s still 25 km or so from the airport (Charles de Gaulle, right?). You may want to check how long it takes to get there by subway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2012 at 16:40:16 #836414

I saw train from Zurich-Basel-Strasbough-CDG, but when I try to book on TGV it only will do mail. I know we can not do that in USA. I can not find that train on any Swiss timetables, what am I doing wrong? From what I read this would be easier than going into Gare de Lyon and trying to take to RER to the airport. What do you think? I appreciate your help!

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 June 2012 at 4:54:40 #836415

Hi Marino. In most cases the SBB ships tickets by regular mail as well. There’s also the option of picking up your ticket at a Swiss railway station though, such as the Zurich railway station. That might be an option for you.

The Strasbourg-variant directly to the airport (total traveling time: 7h45) is listed in the timetable too. You can find it either by entering Strasbourg as your via-station, or by entering ‘Paris Aéroport CDG’ as your destination.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2012 at 17:34:57 #836416

Annika,
    We are now staying in Basel, trying to get a direct train to CDG. I see one leaves at 7:21 AM arriving Strasbourg Ville at 8:39 on the SBB site for 27CHF. It will not let me book from Basel via Strasbourg to CDG on this site. But on TVG I can for 51.90E with the only option “post’. I know we are warned not to use mail. Why can’t I book this whole trip thru SBB? The ter from Basel has no reservations, can I still book on line for this or would it be better to buy the ticket when we first arrive in Lausanne? It is showing travel time 4h11, is this wrong? Then just book the Strausbourgh to CDG on the TGV? Sorry to ask so many questions, I appreciate all your very useful information!

Annika
    7124 posts
    14 June 2012 at 9:40:56 #836417

Hello Marino. I think it’s best to get to a manned desk at the railway station in Basel and ask for the options. I’m sure they’ll be able to book your ticket for you. They should also be able to explain all details on the information the SBB website displays (for example, I’m not sure why booking wouldn’t be possible).

Have a wonderful stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Confused Zurich to Paris airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.