Construction schedule on Piz Gloria

Construction schedule on Piz Gloria

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
darrell
darrell
29 posts
Apr 12, 2016 - 2:23 AM

Been reading that there is construction on or around Piz Gloria---Schilthorn wondering when completion scheduled to be complete-----Thanks for any imput!

Arno
Arno
7700 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2016 - 5:51 AM in reply to darrell

Hi Darrell,

The dates are listed on schilthorn.ch/en/Angeb ot/Timetable__Tariffs/ Timetable. Unfortunately the PDF with more details did not work when I tried. As far as I know they do not operate at all during these maintenance days. Nearest time frame is April 18 to 22.

darrell
darrell
29 posts
Apr 12, 2016 - 4:20 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks but I am reading on trip advisor that construction has been on going with cranes obstructing view and terrible noise so I do not believe that this is the usual shut down schedule------as persons from 3 weeks ago and from last Sept are commenting Am I totally wrong???? Thanks again

Arno
Arno
7700 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2016 - 4:30 PM in reply to darrell

Hi Darrell,

I don't know about construction works but as far as I know the views are unobstructed. You can check the webcams: schilthorn.ch/en/Info/ Schilthorn_Live/Liveca ms. Also you can double check before going up as there's live video in the valley stations.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016