Construction work: Bern – Thun (31.10 to 10.12)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2011 at 0:29:50 #804730

I will be travelling from Grindelwald to Paris on 3 November 2011, and I saw this notification from SBB website when I was checking out the train timings.

Construction work: Bern – Thun (SBB CFF FFS)
    Engineering work: Between Bern and Thun on the Bern – Interlaken Ost and Bern – Brig lines, rail services are subject to restrictions. Please note the revised timetables and train cancellations.
    http://sbb-him.hafas.de/bin/help.exe/en?tpl=showmap_external&messageID=660464&OK#hfsShm

The trains that I plan to take from Grindelwald on 03/11/2011:
    1) 1119hrs: ICE 276, arrives Interlaken 1154hrs
    2) 1200hrs: ICE 370, arrives Basel SBB 1357hrs
    3) 1402hrs: TGV 9216, arrives Paris EST 1734hrs
    I have clicked on the brochure link on the website to understand more details, but unfortunately it’s not in English. Will appreciate if someone can let me know if the construction works will affect my train travel in any way – eg, train arrival, departure timings, any change of train station etc. Many thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2011 at 11:07:58 #834278

The notice in english is that the sbb timetalbe has been changed. The timetable shows your trains will be running.
    A 5 minutes connection in Basel seems a little risky
    Dick

• The thread ‘Construction work: Bern – Thun (31.10 to 10.12)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.